It helps if you are going to be a successful investor to have as many attributes as possible. Don’t fret though because most of the attributes are nothing more than your on mental state of mind. Simply by adapting as many of these attributes as you can you are almost guaranteed to become a successful investor. Most of us that have been successful at investing did not start investing with all these traits in place. They have to be learned and honed to perfection.
The 15 Attributes of a successful Investor:
- Realizes the importance of time. Time in the market is priority # 1 ( This means start at as early of an age as possible.
- Set goals and focuses on how to best achieve those goals
- Always adapting
- Never Quits
- Constantly looking for opportunities
- Shy’s away from risky investments
- Invests in the market
- Knows the next best thing to time in the market is yield
- Realizes mistakes are opportunities for learning
- Adheres to the Golden Rule of Investing as much as possible throughout life.
- Takes advantage of alternative Income streams to supplement Investing monies.
- Never stops learning about the market and stocks
- Chooses an investing style that best suits his or her needs
- Learns Investing and Market Terminology
- Practices Risk Mitigation and Diversification
You might not have all these attributes and that is okay as long as you realize where you need to improve.
Thoughts or comments are welcomed below!